Friday, December 13, 2013

DPP Day 12

Our society's Christmas season is a funny time of year, isn't it?   It encourages hustle and bustle and leisure.  It encourages secular and religious.  It encourages selfish desire and giving.  Ultimately, I think it is the difference between the true meanings and messages of Christmas and the monster it has become. 

I love that this time of the year it becomes almost effortless and expected to help others.  Something that we should be doing all year long.  I love that this time of year encourages family and traditions.  Traditions create such important bonding in families.  I love that there is great music with both heart warming messages. . .and also music that is just plain fun.  I love the Christmas story, the humbleness of the beginnings that did not hinder its greatness of that night.

I do not like the hustle and bustle.  The crabbiness of people who seem to have completely forgotten why they are in that store needing to buy 100 things.  I do not like the lonliness that comes to those who  have lost loved ones.  I can't stand the expectations that come with Christmas that create unbelievable to do lists that distract from where our focus should be.

Can you tell we watched Charlie Brown tonight?   Charlie understood.  He knew that greed and false idols had taken place of the true meaning of Christmas.  It is a classic for a reason.  It made bed time a little late tonight but sometimes slowing down for a good message is just what a family needs. 

The good news is, I finished the majority of the Christmas shopping hustle and bustle.  I will spend the next day or two figuring out what has to be done over the next week and half and what can be simplified.  It is time to regain focus. 

And it is time for this over tired mama to sleep.  :)  Oh how I love sleep!


Oh how I love snuggling my baby.  :)

She had a different show she was wanting to finish - but by the end, she was watching with us.

The iPad games are no match for Charlie Brown.

Tonight's Entry. . .
Charlie Brown and riding "bare back"
 

No comments: