Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DPP Day 15, 16, 17

Having 4 kiddos is busy enough without one that doesn't feel well.  Little K had good reason to be high maintenance though.  She has both ears infected and had a very stubborn fever.  Finally this evening, our cooing, smiling, and squealing little gal has returned.  This child is one of the most laid back babies and so to have to give a few days to her was mostly a joy.  It was nice to have an excuse to slow down, hold her, and spoil her a little bit.  But life doesn't stop around here when someone is sick and so neither did the pictures.  We have been frantically getting ready for Christmas and helping to get the grandmas ready for Christmas.  I think we are just about there.  I just spent this evening getting the Christmas sugar cookies done.  These are my "signature" cookie.  A recipe my mom perfected and I am still aspiring to greatness.  They are thick, fluffy and wonderful.  I will try to capture a good pic when I put the kids to work frosting them.  Why tonight?  Tomorrow the house gets cleaned and I was not about to have that floury mess out a day or two after the house gets cleaned!  Plus, my beloved cleaning lady loves those cookies too.  I feel like Monica Geller.  Every time I finish a Christmas task, I say "check".  :)

So here are the pictures. . .not all of them posted to the official DPP site.  I had to throw a few fillers in when life got too busy.  But for here, I will post my actual pics. 

This was my winner for #DPP2013 #Day 15.  It was an amazing sunset.  My husband's comment was "think how fast we would have put an offer in on this house if that was the view out the window when we came to see it!"

Getting Ready for Basketball

Trying desperately to make his little sister smile. 
The conversation between Brandon and Katherine would have been my winner for Day 16.  Instead I posted this pic.  It makes me smile every time I see it!  :)

Today was a busy day.  We had a stop to see Grandma and how she was healing from surgery.  Took her a few things to save her some errands.  You may notice a lack of Ben pictures. . .that is because this kid is SO busy playing that he can't be bothered to stop for a picture.  Today he was playing basketball on a scooter in the driveway.  Wish I could have managed a picture of that one. . .

Love this pic!  So good of all three!

Baby K has a new skill!  Sitting up - and she loves playing with toys!

Look at me sit!!
Save 15% or more....
This is the winner because it makes me laugh.  :)

No comments: