Monday, December 2, 2013

DPP Day 2

Day 1 was a bit of a last minute decision which led to a quick photo and upload.  Today, I had most of the day to think about what I wanted to do.  I spent the majority of my day at work with a never ending to do list.  I considered taking a photo of that since it consumed my day!  But I realized that wasn't where my heart was and that I wanted to wait until I arrived home to see what photos developed from an evening at home.  We had a quick dinner of the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers, Ben went to Basketball practice, and I had some time to just observe.  Perhaps my favorite part of this new project is that it encourages me to stop and look for those precious moments.  Like most evenings in our house, there are many sweet moments but they drown in busy chaos.  I took several pictures and I had a hard time choosing.  Ultimately, I let Rich choose.   The winner will be the last photo posted.

A few blessed moments from this evening. . .
   1. Nonstop snuggles from baby Kate - she wasn't feeling well.
   2.  A shy, but bold serenade (Gone, by Kelly Clarkson) by my 9 year old.  She knew every word! (My coupon from her impromptu gift giving the night before). 
   3.  Another serenade by a not to be outdone 3 year old.  A little "What Does the Fox Say" from him. . .sadly, he knew the words too. 
   4.  The dishes being done by my sweet and helpful hubby after a long day of being Mr. Mom with a sick baby.
   5.  Time spent looking around the house for inspiration.


Some of my favorite things. . .

  Impromptu concert!

This dog is a decedent of Marley - can you see it in her eyes?!?!

Sneaking mom's phone. . .but still will "cheese" for the camera!

Sweet sister snuggles.

This is the winner of #DPP2013 #Day2.   Rich picked it because he loved the look on Brandon's face as he teased his sister.  Complete joy and admiration.  Sweet conversations between siblings.  Sometimes they are hard to come by. . .

No comments: