Thursday, December 5, 2013

DPP Day 5

Overwhelmed.  Today I was completely overwhelmed by the helping hands that surround me and my family.  When I write these blogs, it is a stream of consciousness often resulting in some raw honesty.  There is little reflection on how my words might affect those who stop to read them.  Today I saw an outpouring from the effect last night's blog had.  Facebook posts, texts, calls, and even my co-workers asking if they can lighten the load.  Overwhelmingly supported.  That is how I feel today.  Thanks friends and family!

Even my brother, in a big brother mocking way, gave me a compliment.  :)  Not gonna lie, his praises always have big impact on me - maybe because I spent a big chunk of my life thinking he hated me.  Ha! And at the same time, he has made me self conscious of my grammar and word choice which will likely continue to be poor.  I am always throwing these things together so I can either go to bed or back to work on my stuff!  That is my disclaimer. 

Life is good.  It is truly good.  Even on the days Rich and I are at our wits end, we still feel blessed.  We have such great kids. 

Elizabeth - a born leader with big ideas and the fortitude to make them happen.  She got her whole class involved in writing a newspaper, formal interviews and all, and got it printed!  Plus she is starting a new club every time I turn around (which results in lots of talks about inclusivity and not exclusivity!).  A soft heart that wants so badly to please and perfect.   I am learning so many new things about her this year that are really helping me to understand her better. 

Benjamin - a bizarre blend of a sweet, empathetic heart and wild hooligan.  Just tonight, the dog peed all over Elizabeth's mattress when we were trying to change sheets.  Benjamin began to cry because he was so sad that Elizabeth didn't have a bed anymore.  He went in and offered her his bed and told her that he would sleep on the floor.  Such a lover.  But at the same time, he spends more time sliding around on the ground, going up and over furniture, and jumping than he does with two feet planted on the ground.  I call it "squirrelly". 

Brandon - oh - he is his own man.  Quite the little director.  He knows what he wants and he will make sure you do too!  He has his three year old tantrums - which doesn't get him very far around here and so he has learned how to charm.  This three year old can wrap someone around his finger in no time flat.  It doesn't hurt that he loves to perform, loves to snuggle, and loves to join in whatever activity is going on at the time. 

Katherine - too soon to tell what little personality will start to develop in her.  But for now, she is a sweet, content baby.  She doesn't ask for too much (other than she would really prefer if you would never put her down - but if you insist, she'll settle in).  She is such an easy baby and loves all the action that constantly surrounds her.

Unfortunately, I spent a lot of my night sitting in front of the computer working while my family watched a Mickey Christmas Special (can you believe I missed Mickey?!?!).  So the pictures were a bit last minute and fewer. 

Do you see that little twinkle?


Rich and his soda - it is more about getting out of the house than the soda.  It is the little things when you work from home!

Organizing Queen!

She is a big help.


Boo boo.
This is the one I picked tonight because I felt that though the boo boo was subtle, his facial expression and the placement of the focus made it obvious.  This boo boo came from that wild hooligan side of his personality.  You can't watch Mickey without flipping off and on to the couch at least 200 times.

No comments: