Monday, December 8, 2014

DPP 2014 - Day 7

I had a really hard time choosing which picture to post for Day 7.  I decided to go with the picture which was not something you see every day rather than one of our events from today.  As we were eating dinner tonight at an authentic Mexican restaurant, a Mariachi band came out.  Our table was right in front of the stage.  I am particularly fond of this band because immediately prior to their arrival, Katherine was being less than delightful.  She was wiggling her way out of her high chair seat belt, whining, and was generally annoyed.  Dinner was feeling a bit more like the World Wrestling Federation than a wind down from the day.  When this band came out, Katherine was transfixed.  She sat quietly, clapped loudly, and asked for more.  She was much easier for the rest of the meal.  So therefore, they win the picture of the day.  I titled it Feliz Navidad.

Here is K's reaction.

My close second was this picture of the girls.  We spent a lot of time at the pool today. I had a moment of panic when I turned around and couldn't find Elizabeth or Katherine where I thought they should be.  When I found them, I had to grab my camera.  They were sitting on the steps of the pool and dancing to the music.  Elizabeth is always quite sweet to Katie but it was captured perfectly here. 

Another picture that was in the running today was Omom snuggling Kate.  We had no more than arrived at the pool and K started rubbing her eyes.  She swam for a little while and then was falling asleep in my arms.  Omom was lounging by the pool reading her book and was more than willing to snuggle this little lady.  I love this picture because you can tell Katherine is trying desperately to fight sleep.  Plus this is Omom in her element.  She would hold a sleeping baby all day if she could. . .and she nearly did!  K took a four hour nap in Omom's arms!

The ever elusive Benjamin was caught today in action.  Ben can make a friend faster than anyone I have ever seen -- except maybe his father.  That is a talent that he and Rich share.  I love this picture because it is a window into Ben's sweet personality.  It always amazes me that he can be so high energy, disorganized, and crazy while being sweet, compassionate, and friendly.  Here he is - working his effortless friendship building.


Brandon is taking after his big sis Elizabeth while loving all things arts and crafts.  So when his Omom and Pawee offered to let all the kids to sand art, he was first in line!  He is obsessed with alligators and picked that shape for his sand art.  He even gave it a mouth, an eye, and toes with the shells he put in.  All the kiddos (except the great sleeping Katie), had a blast making these - but Brandon spent twice as long getting his JUST right. 

I will be sad to see this vacation end.  It has been a perfect balance of crazy fun and easy breezy fun. 

Now we are getting dressed for another Theme Park day! 



No comments: