Monday, December 1, 2014

DPP 2014 Day One

Well, it is official.  I am crazy.  As I try to add in a fun trip to the Christmas preparation crazy, I can't help myself but to participate in the December Photo Project (DPP) again.  My sweet friend Tara introduced this to me last year.  I love her pictures and the comments she puts with them.  I find the little snapshots sweet and often moments that would not have otherwise been documented.  Last year, I had so much fun trying to view my family through a lens; catching those moments that my heart knows so well now but that will fade with time. 

As with last year, we will see how it goes.  I may make it for one day or all twenty five, we shall see.  Day one is in the books.  It was so easy today because the kiddos all wanted to read about our Elf, Windle.  Now our elf is a very polite, easy going, and quiet elf.  He does not participate in mischief or craziness like the elves I see at some of my Facebook friend's houses.  I think Windle understands that I don't need one more thing to do.  Let's face it - cleaning up after four kids is enough without adding a mischievous elf to the mix.  Elizabeth sweetly offered to read the book.  Ben and Brandon sat down and Katherine is never one to miss out on anything.  What resulted seemed to me like the universe saying - "Get your camera! You are doing the DPP again!"  How else could you possibly explain this moment spontaneously occurring?  No yelling, no tattling, no squirming, just reading and snuggling.

No comments: