Monday, December 15, 2014

DPP 2014 - Days 11, 13, and 14 (Day 12 was a pictureless day)

Day 11 - This was our first full day back to reality with everyone returning to work and school.  Finding time to be intentional with photos was a bit of a challenge.  After a lengthy work day, I got to go for my haircut.  I love when they massage your head during the shampoo!  Bliss!  So by the time I got home, it was chaos getting homework done, bedtime rolling, and sneaking in a bit of time to chat.  That might be my least favorite thing about evening night activities.  It makes things feel so rushed that I miss hearing the details of my kiddos days.  Ben was at Cub Scouts all evening so I didn't snag a picture of him.

Today's selection was Elizabeth working on her homework.  The faster she moves her pencil, the easier it is to think.  :)

 
Here is my little charmer.  He might run the world someday.  He has quite the ability to wrap someone around his little finger and then boss them around.  Don't tell the Bigs - but he owns them on a regular basis.

 This was a spontaneous little play time that happened.  It was very short lived though.  See those little characters are Katherine's souvenirs.  It took about 5 minutes before her toddler showed.  Grabbing and shouting "MINE!" commenced.

 
As bedtime was announced, you can see the level of concern that she had.  Once her siblings didn't want them any more - neither did she.  If I had a nickel for each little pile of treasures that I pick up each night, we would be a very wealthy family.  With four kids, it takes quite awhile to make it around to all the corners of the house to do the quick before bed pick up.

Day 12 - Interview days at work mean early mornings and late nights.  I didn't leave work until nearly 6:15 (still catching up from vacation) and then I met Rich and the kiddos at a Christmas party downtown.  I had to take Ben and K from there to Ben's basketball practice and then home for bed.  I should have snagged a picture at the Christmas party!

Day 13 - A busy Saturday got much less busy with a sick Ben Boy.  He had a very short lived ailment but it took him out for the weekend.  So we stayed in.  Baked cookies, decorated for Christmas (finally), did some Christmas shopping, and enjoyed our day together. 

Today's selection occurred while I was getting decorations out.  I just loved that Elizabeth sat with Katherine and taught her about our Advent calendar.  She also began telling her the Christmas story.  It was so sweet.  So I titled it, "Telling the Story."


 This one is actually a picture of Katherine telling me "No, no" - a current favorite phrase.  Isn't that a rite of toddler passage?  But I think it is funny because it makes me imagine her saying, "Excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"  Something pretentious in her sweet face. 



And here is my sweet boy.  A headache sufferer - so it is hard to know if he had a bad headache that cause him to be sick or being sick caused him headaches.  Either way - he spent the day in bed and didn't eat anything.  Anyone who knows Ben - knows that means he was sick.  He is like his Daddy and loves to snack and he doesn't like to hold still!


Day 14 -

Another busy day.  Somewhere along the line, I thought it would be a good idea to be a Girl Scout troop leader for Elizabeth's Girl Scouts.  I really enjoy working with the girls - they are a great group of girls.  Why I thought I had time for that, I will never know.  Ultimately, I would do it again to keep this troop going.  The preparations for Christmas continued.  More cookies baked, more shopping done, and a great Girl Scout outing as well.  I even had time to fluff and buff my Christmas carols on the piano.  Sometimes I am glad that no one lingers outside my windows because I was singing at the top of my lungs.  It wasn't pretty - but I had a lovely time.

Today's selection just made me laugh.  He was perking up a bit on Sunday.  His trip down to the main floor was short but he wanted to count his money.  Only Ben would separate things out quite like this. . .






No comments: